Jul 26, 2011

Teaching opportunities ahead!


So things have been a bit busy here in the studio. I took a brief hiatus from blogging as I was working on syllabi for several upcoming teaching opportunities. Just last week I completed my first children's class, "Bug Week" at the Warwick Museum of Art for their summer art camp. I have assisted with some classes at the museum, and teaching Bug Week was both challenging and fun. The students learned about various bugs and drew out their anatomy, were very creative with the art projects, and even had a visitor during one class - a large (and noisy) beetle! Luckily we were able to catch our guest and release him gently outside. But it was a good opportunity to see and review what we learned about beetle anatomy. 

Opening Lace  5"x5" pastel

This fall I will be back at WMOA to teach a four-week pastel series for adults in September, on Thursday nights. This series will focus on floral paintings, using different techniques from light pastel drawing, layered pastel painting, and even pastel over underpaintings. If you are interested in taking the pastel class (Sept 1st - 22nd, please feel free to contact Patty Martucci for more information.

examples of drawing styles from Flash


I also am scheduled to teach a ten-week class "From Hand to Screen: Drawing with Adobe Flash" coming this September at the Worcester Art Museum. I've been a multimedia designer and animator for years (more than I'd care to admit) and Flash is my program of choice. I use a Wacom tablet to sketch and often draw right in the software. For this class, students will learn about the drawing tools in Flash, and how to create graphics, illustrations, fine art and animation in different styles. More information is online for my class, and online registration is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment