Jun 8, 2010

Red Bridge painting

Red Bridge  7" x 5" acrylic

I just finished this painting Saturday. I think it took me between 2 and 3 hours to paint. I'm going to try posting right after I get these finished so that I can better track my progress and the time involved. 

This scene is from a photo I took when on an art vacation in Vermont. My friend April and I made it up to the Stowe area for a retreat, where we toured the area, took photos and created some artwork. The local visitor's guide had an article on waterfalls in the region, and we passed this little covered bridge as we were on the road.

As you can see I am using my new Utrecht easel (birthday present from my husband) for most of these paintings. The easel is pretty large, but can handle the little canvases too. I have a tabletop easel that works great for smaller pieces, but I am trying to get in the habit of using the full easel and it frees up my work table for the paints and my laptop, which I use to view my reference photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment