Oct 8, 2010

Paintings for the Attleboro Arts Museum Benefit Auction

As this is my first year transitioning from digital art and multimedia into fine art painting, I have tried to find places to both show my artwork and also get introduced to my local art community. One great venue that I found is the Attleboro Arts Museum about 25 mins away from my studio. I showed two of my pastels in their Spring Flower Show earlier this year, selling one and receiving an award of merit for the other, which had me thrilled, honestly. The museum is helping to bring back the arts to the community in the Attleboro area, with regular exhibits, lectures and art classes for youths and adults.

Small Bouquet  pastel, 10" x 8"

So now I have an opportunity to participate with the AAM in their 19th Benefit Art Auction. I have donated two pastel paintings for the auction taking place on Saturday November 6th - Small Bouquet and Rose Garden at Capron Park. The latter is especially appropriate as it is a local park in Attleboro just down the street from the museum. Here is a link to the original post on that painting.

Rose Garden at Capron Park  pastel,  10" x 8"

If you are in the Southern New England area, come on by and meet me at the auction! It's a great opportunity to meet and greet with the artists and supporters of the AAM and make a bid on some lovely artwork. 

Here are some details from the AAM website:

The Attleboro Arts Museum’s 19th Benefit Art Auction will be held on Saturday, November 6, 2010.  Doors open at 5:30 pm.
The Auction is a powerful opportunity to contribute to a vital cultural resource and to support the Museum’s arts and culture programming.
To purchase tickets call 508-222-2644 x10.

Take advantage of our early bird ticket sale!
From now through October 15th: tickets are $30 each. October 16 – November 6th at 5pm: $35 each.
At the door, the evening of the auction (doors open at 5:30): $40 each.
Tickets include hors d’oeuvres, wine and beer.
Hope to see you at the auction!

No comments:

Post a Comment